Services for International Visitors and Scholars

Aerial Shot of the Bahamas, Photo by Carlye Calvin The need for global collaboration is a fundamental and necessary component of our research and mission. Our work requires collaboration with colleagues across the globe. 

International Visitor and Scholar Services serves as a resource to help manage the special needs, questions, and concerns of the international community at UCAR/NCAR.

We provide the following services for international visitors and scholars:

  • Advising on immigration status, employment, and travel.*
  • Issuance of certain immigration documents, authorizations, and certification/verification letters.
  • Information and resources about the visa interview process.

*Please note that we cannot advise on legal issues, US taxes (tax law, filing returns), or personal counseling needs. We are however, happy to provide resources on these matters if available.

Information and answers to common questions can be found at the links below:

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns:

Shonna Montoya, Responsible Officer (RO)
303-497-8705 (office)
303-497-8709 (fax)

Malary Jones, Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO)
303-497-8706 (office)
303-497-8709 (fax)    

If you have questions concerning your legal status or other issues pertinent to your stay at UCAR/NCAR/UCP, please contact Shonna Montoya, Immigration Specialist.

DISCLAIMER: U.S. immigration laws are very complex. The information contained in these files is designed specifically as assistance for visitors and scholars at UCAR/NCAR/UCP. Immigration laws are constantly changing, and even though we will attempt to keep these files up to date, we cannot guarantee their completeness or accuracy. The information contained herein is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship nor can it be construed as legal advice. For further information, please contact the UCAR Immigration Specialist or an immigration attorney. Other individuals not affiliated with UCAR/NCAR/UCP should seek assistance from immigration specialists. You may consider consulting with an attorney who belongs to the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).

Subscribe to Syndicate

Last updated by smontoya on November 17, 2020 - 5:06pm.
For questions regarding the content of this page, please contact the content editor.