This is a TEST. Image should match group

This is a TEST. Image should match group



Import Info Hotline: 303-497-8523

When a shipment comes into the United States, the importer of record (i.e., the owner, purchaser, or licensed customs broker designated by the owner, purchaser, or consignee) will file entry documents for the goods with the port director at the goods' port of entry.

Imported goods are not entered until after the shipment has arrived within the port of entry, delivery of the merchandise has been authorized by Customs, and estimated duties have been paid. It is the importer of record's responsibility to arrange for examination and release of the goods.

IF UCAR/NCAR/UCP is tax exempt, why would I have to be concerned about duties and taxes?

While it is true that UCAR et al. are tax exempt in Colorado and certain other states, unless there is a specific exemption by tariff classification, we are responsible to pay them. The Harmonized Tariff System (HTS) is a 6-digit standardized numerical scheme of classifying goods shipped internationally. HTS numbers are used by customs agencies around the world to apply duties and tax rates.

Logistics Operations can assist you in Customs pre-clearance and classification.

Use the Import Information Form to provide a complete, accurate description of your merchandise. Customs brokers are the only persons who are authorized by the tariff laws of the United States to act as agents for importers (UCAR) in the transaction of their customs business.

UCAR/NCAR has retained for our Customs Broker
C. Zimmerman, Inc.
Contact: Connie Zimmerman
4760 Oakland Street #200
Denver, CO  80239
Tel: 303-375-1159

U.S. Customs Service publishes a wealth of information to assist you in complying with Customs requirements. They issue rulings and informed compliance publications on a variety of technical subjects and processes. Most of these materials can be found on‑line at

Last updated by jalipit on December 12, 2018 - 11:54am.
For questions regarding the content of this page, please contact the content editor.